If you are tired of heavy oily deep fried walleye, try this simple baked walleye.
4 walleye fillets
6 – 8 tablespoons of butter
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/3 cup of fresh mushrooms
2 – 3 tablespoons finely chopped onions.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Dip fish in melted butter, salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- Place fish fillets into shallow baking pan.
- Place mushrooms and onions over the top of fish, then spoon any remaining butter mixture over fish.
- Bake at 350°F for 15-20 minutes until fish flakes.
Of course, you can serve with baked beans and fried spuds or go all out health wise with fried rice and a nice Caesar Salad. Don’t forget a chardonnay to sip on with this meal.
Voila, a nice light baked walleye.
A little side note, depending on when you are visiting us, you could even harvest your own wild mushrooms. Wild Chanterelle mushrooms are abundant in our area in late August and early Sept.