I was reading the other day (yes I do that sometimes) about “What makes a good Northern Pike Lake” in Cabela’s Outfitter Journal.
Here are some of their criteria – and I compared them to Seseganaga Lake just for fun:
Good Northern Pike Lake ============ Seseganaga Lake
– Large Body of water ================== check
– marshy spawning areas ==== ============ check
– an abundance of deep water ================ check
– good supply of forage species ===== =========== check
– steady diet of whitefish, suckers
lake trout, ciscoes ====================== check
– found in Northwestern Ontario ====== ======== check mate!
We are only a few hours over the Canada US border at either Pigeon River (Thunder Bay) or International Falls. Easily a day’s drive from Minneapolis, Chicago, Milwaukee or Green Bay.
If you are looking for a change from the ordinary, check out our web site
Send us an mail if you have questions or give us a call. 807-934-2273