Thinking of 2009

Posted by on Monday, October 27, 2008 at 7:03 am

Our 2008 season is barely over and already we are planning for 2009. One thing new for 2009 which will be required by all our guests is a Pleasure Craft Operator Card (a boat operators certificate).

This is a Canadian Law which affects anyone who wishes to operate a boat in Canada. Hopefully your outfitter has told you about this requirement.

If you live in the US you can get a certificate from your home state. Here is a web site to check out. For some States you can do the exam online. Others you can not but you can take the course on line.

If you live in Canada, you need a Canadian certificate. Here is one option for acquiring the certificate on line. Boater Exam . Americans can also get a Canadian cerfificate but it is advisable that you get one in your home justification.

Don’t wait. Get your certificate today. Be ready for 2009.

It would be a shame to be standing on shore fishing while your buddies cruise around in a boat because you missed this one.