We have a great little guest handbook on our web site. This handbook was developed over the years from having many of the same questions asked over and while helping our guests prepare for an Ignace Outposts walleye fishing adventure.
Here is a little snippet from our handbook geared to our American guests regarding travel plans to Ignace.
1. confirm your dates and times and balance owing before you leave home
2. note your travel time, planned route and sights of interest along the way
3. leave a copy of your itinerary at home
4. leave a list of party members and phone numbers with someone at home
5. leave our phone number and names with someone at home
6. be sure to have a valid driver’s licence, vehicle registration and insurance
7. have some Canadian money (cash) for incidentals along the way
8. persons 18 and under not accompanied by an adult should have a letter from a parent, or guardian giving them permission to enter Canada
9. be sure to declare all items being brought into Canada
10. be polite and truthful to the custom officers (this will help expedite your border crossing)
11. AAA is a good investment when traveling in a foreign country
12. use of headlights while driving (even in the day) is recommended
13. Canadian speed limits are posted in kilometers per hour (kph) not miles per hour
14. Canadian stamps must be used when mailing from Canada